This is an AArete Higher Education Insight
AArete partnered with a major research university on a focused effort to review their primary pouring rights contract and identify strategies to bring both sustainability value and financial value including:
- Remove single use plastics
- Improve unit pricing
- Enhance sponsorship dollars
- Establish improved scholarship and other financial benefits
The focus was across all auxiliary and athletic enterprises across the University.
AArete combined their robust market intelligence with a team of supply market experts and industry consultants to execute a year-long strategy to renegotiate a third party contract while meeting critical sustainability goals. Combing this information with a proven approach, AArete was able to use a hands-on methodology to implement successful outcomes within the relationships.
The university was able to exceed single use plastic removal timeline while also extracted value including:
- $500K/year in improved financials
- Enhanced partnership opportunities including scholarships and sponsorships
- Removal of single use plastics within 6 months of contract execution
- Improved contract flexibility to support future university needs
Learn more about AArete’s Profitability Improvement solutions